It’s that time of year when autumn leaves produce a riot of colour, and you’ve only got a short window of time to get out there and get pictures. But the results don’t always match your expectations, and this shot is a prime example. The reds and yellows of the leaves were striking, but they were also too close together in tone to produce an effective contrast between the two colours. This is what the Contrast Colour Range filter in Color Efex Pro is for. It’s part of the Google Nik Collection, which is now free – so get...Read More
Tag: Contrast Color Range
Nik Software’s Color Efex Pro 4, now owned by Google, is a single plug-in that consists of a huge library of special effects – these are displayed in a long vertical list on the left side of the screen. And in true Nik (now Google) style, it shows you how your pictures can look before you even start to work on them. The Contrast Color Range tool is one of my favourite effects because of what it can do for your landscapes. Like many Nik (now Google) effects, it has little to do with conventional Photoshop processes, but operates...Read More
About this site
Subscribe via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- Serif Affinity Photo 1.5 review
- DxO vs Lightroom vs Capture One Pro – which is best?
- Free Analog Efex Pro presets (and how to install them)
- MacPhun Luminar review
- Google Nik Collection review
- Better Shadow/Highlight adjustments in Elements
- How to copy adjustments across images in Capture One
- How to manage Lightroom RAW+JPEG pairs
- Do you sharpen on export? It makes more difference than you might think!
- Just how good is the new DxO Optics Pro 9 PRIME noise reduction?