MacPhun Focus 2 Pro does the same job as a number of other digital ‘bokeh’ filters. It lets you selectively defocus parts of the image to create a shallow depth of field effect. This can work well with portraits, where it can blur cluttered backgrounds, and you can use it with high-angle shots that look down on your subject to create a ‘miniature’ effect. It’s all done using an on-screen gadget which is either circular or horizontal. You adjust this to produce your area or zone of sharp focus. Away from this the focus drops away so that the...Read More
It’s easy to get shallow depth of field with a camera. You just need a camera with a large sensor, and a lens with a large maximum aperture and the laws of physics do the rest. But adding depth of field digitally is trickier, so let’s see if a filter designed specifically to do this job can produce genuinely realistic results. The new Lens Blur filter in Perfect Effects 8 (part of the new Perfect Photo Suite 8 bundle) is going to look familiar to anyone who’s used past versions of Perfect Photo Suite. It’s actually the Focal Point...Read More
Focal Point 2 is available both on its own and as part of OnOne’s Perfect Photo Suite, a collection of image effects and tools which can be used as a Photoshop/Lightroom/Aperture plug-in, but also works as a standalone application. You can achieve very sophisticated depth of field effects with this program, but it does take some learning – that’s the only thing I’ve got against Perfect Photo Suite at the moment, the fact that I have to keep checking the manual to figure out how things work. I’ve never had this to quite the same extent with Nik (Google)...Read More
About this site
Subscribe via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- Serif Affinity Photo 1.5 review
- DxO vs Lightroom vs Capture One Pro – which is best?
- Free Analog Efex Pro presets (and how to install them)
- MacPhun Luminar review
- Google Nik Collection review
- Better Shadow/Highlight adjustments in Elements
- How to copy adjustments across images in Capture One
- How to manage Lightroom RAW+JPEG pairs
- Do you sharpen on export? It makes more difference than you might think!
- Just how good is the new DxO Optics Pro 9 PRIME noise reduction?